Being Camp: May We Reconnect
The Being Gathering reawakens. Covid-19 has been a time of separation, now we must reconnect – this is the moment for the Being to materialise once again.
The Being never disappeared; the offtime was spent sensing and reflecting. After 2 memorable editions in 2015 and 2017, we felt in 2019 the moment had come to let Boomland rest and let the Being regenerate.
The Being Gathering is part of the Boom Festival and Boomland ecosystem, 2 projects that take up most of the team’s time.
In the last years, besides nurturing the Being concept, we continued the production for Boom and the on-site regeneration of Boomland: meaning that now there are more native trees, more gardens, improved infrastructure, a new water treatment station at the land, to name just a few.
And then Covid-19 hit! We had to reschedule Boom Festival twice. Human beings were torn apart, lockdowns became the norm, individual and group opinions are more polarised.
We need to reconnect with ourselves and each other, outdoors, immersed in nature!
More than ever the message of the Being is paramount: the fusion between well-being practices; the apology for freedom; the dialogue between arts, sound and nature, a human experience aiming for a higher consciousness that is open-minded, informed and without dogmas.
Your calling & the calling of the Being spirit are strong.
Yet, in Portugal there are still no clear norms for outdoor events amid the pandemic. Thus there is a metamorphosis of the Being Gathering to fit the pandemic context: a Being Camp
From 30 July to 15 August 2021, Boomland opens to a human experience where well-being, nature, arts, and music meet to provide you with a small-scale, unique experience of reconnection with your inner self, the other, nature and the wholeness of the cosmos.
THE BEING CAMP IS…
- Enjoy an uncrowded Boomland: discover a 100+ hectares land where the local nature and the lake set the rhythm of daily life;
- Activities: workshops, group practices, individual therapies and massages, sharing circles, yoga, kung-fu, meditation, cacao ceremony, ecstatic dance, sound healing, tantra, rituals, and much more;
- Daily program with the aforementioned activities: 2 morning sessions, 2 in the afternoon and 1 in the evening, plus others across Boomland on a daily basis;
- Program for kids and teens up to 16: the Being is for everyone!
- Daily amenities: showers, compost toilets, space to purchase basic goods, hygiene products and sustainable cleaning supplies, first-aid services, parking, free drinking water, pocket ashtrays, organic or local snacks and drinks;
- 100% vegetarian food;
- Being Camp is limited to 250 people;
- Camping: accommodation in 2 people Tipis, and Star Tents up to 2 or 4 people; minimum stay of 4 nights; bookings in blocks of 4 night – meaning that you can book either 4, 8, 12 or 16 nights; caravans and tents are unfortunately not allowed as a preventive measure for public health and fire prevention – thanks for your understanding;
- Camping open from 30 July 2021 at 15h to 15 August 2021 at 15h;
- Reservations available on the Being website from 1 July 2021;
- Unplug to Connect: you will be more connected when you disconnect from technology;
- Covid-19 preventive measures adapted to a camping environment;
- Behind-the-scenes: a unique chance to see the building, during summer, of the 25th anniversary edition of Boom Festival!
We’re honoured to create a sharing space for you. In times of pandemic, let the Boomland and the Being Family be your safe harbour.
Share the Joy,
Being Gathering Team
The Being Camp is a Being Gathering spin-off. As mentionned above, the Being Camp is a camping format inspired in the Being Gathering. It is NOT a mini Boom Festival nor a mini Being Gathering.
The Being Camp is produced by the Boom & Being Gathering Teams though it is a totally different project.